Light Truck or Delivery Services Drivers
Drive a light vehicle, such as a truck or van, with a capacity of less than 26,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW), primarily to deliver or pick up merchandise or to deliver packages. May load and unload vehicle.
Entry Level: $9.38/hr
Growth for Light Truck or Delivery Services Drivers
|2015 Jobs||2025 Jobs||Change (2015-2025)||% Change (2015-2025)
Industries Employing Light Truck or Delivery Services Drivers
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2016)||% of Occupation in Industry (2016)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2016)
|Couriers and Express Delivery Services||443||19.0%||30.0%
|Automotive Parts and Accessories Stores||125||5.3%||11.0%
|General Warehousing and Storage||67||2.9%||2.1%
|General Freight Trucking, Long-Distance, Less Than Truckload ||61||2.6%||3.9%
- Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Turn in receipts and money received from deliveries.
- Read maps and follow written or verbal geographic directions.
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
- Load and unload trucks, vans, or automobiles.