Industrial Truck and Tractor Operators
Operate industrial trucks or tractors equipped to move materials around a warehouse, storage yard, factory, construction site, or similar location.
Entry Level: $12.85/hr
Growth for Industrial Truck and Tractor Operators
|2015 Jobs||2025 Jobs||Change (2015-2025)||% Change (2015-2025)
Industries Employing Industrial Truck and Tractor Operators
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2016)||% of Occupation in Industry (2016)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2016)
|General Warehousing and Storage||342||29.4%||10.6%
|Temporary Help Services||129||11.1%||1.5%
|Frozen Specialty Food Manufacturing||38||3.3%||4.9%
|All Other Plastics Product Manufacturing||23||1.9%||1.2%
- Move levers or controls that operate lifting devices, such as forklifts, lift beams with swivel-hooks, hoists, or elevating platforms, to load, unload, transport, or stack material.
- Inspect product load for accuracy and safely move it around the warehouse or facility to ensure timely and complete delivery.
- Manually or mechanically load or unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms, cars, lifting devices, or other transport vehicles.
- Position lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, or boxes and secure material or products for transport to designated areas.
- Weigh materials or products and record weight or other production data on tags or labels.