Design, create, and modify Web sites. Analyze user needs to implement Web site content, graphics, performance, and capacity. May integrate Web sites with other computer applications. May convert written, graphic, audio, and video components to compatible Web formats by using software designed to facilitate the creation of Web and multimedia content.
Entry Level: $16.13/hr
Growth for Web Developers
|2015 Jobs||2025 Jobs||Change (2015-2025)||% Change (2015-2025)
Industries Employing Web Developers
|Industries Employing Web Developers|| || ||
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2016)||% of Occupation in Industry (2016)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2016)
|Computer Systems Design Services||106||17.7%||2.8%
|Internet Publishing and Broadcasting and Web Search Portals||97||16.1%||4.0%
|Custom Computer Programming Services||77||12.8%||3.3%
|Corporate, Subsidiary, and Regional Managing Offices ||20||3.4%||0.4%
- Design, build, or maintain Web sites, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media.
- Perform or direct Web site updates.
- Write, design, or edit Web page content, or direct others producing content.
- Confer with management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Back up files from Web sites to local directories for instant recovery in case of problems.