Network and Computer Systems Administrator
Install, configure, and support an organization’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet systems or a segment of a network system. Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and may perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. May monitor and test Web site performance to ensure Web sites operate correctly and without interruption. May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software. May supervise computer user support specialists and computer network support specialists. May administer network security measures.
Entry Level: $26.48/hr
Growth for Network and Computer Systems Administrators
|2015 Jobs||2025 Jobs||Change (2015-2025)||% Change (2015-2025)
Industries Employing Network and Computer Systems Administrators
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2016)||% of Occupation in Industry (2016)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2016)
|Computer Systems Design Services||160||14.3%||4.2%
|Custom Computer Programming Services||95||8.5%||4.1%
|Corporate, Subsidiary, and Regional Managing Offices ||61||5.5%||1.2%
|Local Government, Excluding Education and Hospitals||40||3.6%||0.3%
|Temporary Help Services||39||3.5%||0.5%
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Configure, monitor, and maintain email applications or virus protection software.