Information Security Analysts
Plan, implement, upgrade, or monitor security measures for the protection of computer networks and information. May ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure. May respond to computer security breaches and viruses.
Entry Level: $29.05/hr
Growth for Information Security Analysts
|2015 Jobs||2025 Jobs||Change (2015-2025)||% Change (2015-2025)
Industries Employing Information Security Analysts
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2016)||% of Occupation in Industry (2016)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2016)
|Computer Systems Design Services||23||19.6%||0.6%
|Custom Computer Programming Services||13||11.5%||0.6%
|Corporate, Subsidiary, and Regional Managing Offices ||<10||6.2%||0.1%
|Direct Health and Medical Insurance Carriers||<10||4.9%||0.3%
|Internet Publishing and Broadcasting and Web Search Portals||<10||3.7%||0.2%
- Encrypt data transmissions and erect firewalls to conceal confidential information as it is being transmitted and to keep out tainted digital transfers.
- Develop plans to safeguard computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure and to meet emergency data processing needs.
- Review violations of computer security procedures and discuss procedures with violators to ensure violations are not repeated.
- Monitor use of data files and regulate access to safeguard information in computer files.
- Monitor current reports of computer viruses to determine when to update virus protection systems.