Assist dentist, set up equipment, prepare patient for treatment, and keep records.
Entry Level: $15.72/hr
Growth for Dental Assistants
|2015 Jobs||2025 Jobs||Change (2015-2016)||% Change (2015-2025)
Industries Employing Dental Assistants
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2016)||% of Occupation in Industry (2016)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2016)
|Offices of Dentists||653||85.3%||27.0%
|Federal Government, Civilian, Excluding Postal Service||35||4.6%||0.2%
|Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools ||22||2.8%||0.3%
|Offices of Physicians (except Mental Health Specialists)||16||2.2%||0.2%
|Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools (State Government)||12||1.6%||0.2%
- Prepare patient, sterilize or disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, or assist dentist during dental procedures.
- Record treatment information in patient records.
- Expose dental diagnostic X-rays.
- Take and record medical and dental histories and vital signs of patients.
- Assist dentist in management of medical or dental emergencies.