Customer Service Representatives
Interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints. Excludes individuals whose duties are primarily installation, sales, or repair.
Entry Level: $12.02/hr
Growth for Customer Service Representatives
|2015 Jobs||2025 Jobs||Change (2015-2025)||% Change (2015-2025)
Industries Employing Customer Service Representatives
|Industry||Occupation Jobs in Industry (2016)||% of Occupation in Industry (2016)||% of Total Jobs in Industry (2016)
|Telemarketing Bureaus and Other Contact Centers||560||10.6%||33.2%
|Direct Health and Medical Insurance Carriers||315||5.9%||14.6%
|Temporary Help Services||200||3.8%||2.3%
|Insurance Agencies and Brokerages||196||3.7%||11.3%
|Corporate, Subsidiary, and Regional Managing Offices ||173||3.3%||3.4%
- Confer with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products or services, take or enter orders, cancel accounts, or obtain details of complaints.
- Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers’ problems.
- Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
- Resolve customers’ service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, or adjusting bills.
- Complete contract forms, prepare change of address records, or issue service discontinuance orders, using computers.